Seriously, is it Friday already?
I can't believe how quickly this week has gone. I feel like I'm on some kind of high speed train shuttling to Cole's first day of high school. The closer it gets the quicker things seem to be moving and meanwhile I'm hanging on to the back of the train dragging my heels and trying to get everything to slow down just a little...I don't know if I'm ready yet. There's no doubt he is though. After many unreturned messages, we finally were able to make contact with someone on his cross country team to find out where summer practices were being held. He made the last two and they kicked his butt! He hung in there and did a great job but he could tell the difference it would have made had he actually been running all summer! Today was the last practice until school begins and there was a pool party afterwards. He spent time checking out the girls in their bikinis and making new friends. Even during our stop for some initial school supplies Dude just looks at me expecting me to cry. The truth is I can go through the motions without actually thinking about any of it and that helps. As I type this though, tears are brimming...thank goodness he's outside or I'd be so in trouble! No tears!
I am very excited for the opportunities and activites the next four years will bring. He is such a confident, intelligent, caring and funny guy...he's going to have a complete blast in high school. I watch him with anticipation and eagerness to see what's next...even though I know at the end of this chapter he'll graduate not only from high school but into the world of being a self-sufficient man creating his own path in this world. His open house is next Friday and his first day of school is Wednesday, Aug. 8!!!
Friday, July 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment