Wednesday, March 04, 2009



Gone but not forgotten
If one thing was reinforced in me after Grampie's death it was to get involved in my community and to try to make the world a better place than I found it. He did. He was a proud American -- even though he was so sick and near the end of his life, he still made a point to vote in November's election and requested God Bless America be sung at his funeral. I searched out volunteer opportunities and have become very involved with Forgotten Soldiers Outreach. The organization sends monthly care packages to soldiers deployed overseas -- no matter where they are. I hold an "event coordinator" volunteer position and have earned a bio on their website as a result. You can check out my bio by visiting http://www.forgottensoldiers.org/aboutus-people.shtml

If you know of someone deployed overseas, please register them to receive care packages -- it's free! We work hard to raise money by holding fundraising events and asking for individual donations. You can learn more by exploring their site. Please help me spread the word about this amazing organization!

No comments: