Well, it's official...Colton is registered to attend Woodland High School in the fall. He is applying to the Pre-AP/IB program and will, with much hard work and effort, enter the IB program his junior year. This is the honor curriculum for Woodland and is an internationally recognized program of study that teaches all subjects from a global perspective. Not only will this be demanding course work but he will be earning college credits his junior and senior year and could start college with sophomore ranking. All I envisioned was one less year of tuition!!! The program is accepted at universities throughout the world so if he decided to study outside of the US he could transfer to a college that accepts IB credentials -- too cool. There are only 28 schools in the state of Georgia that offer this curriculum! All of his friends pictured above will be in the program with him. I cannot tell you how proud I was walking through the cafe where everyone else was and into the media center where the top students gathered to fill out applications and learn more about the program. Of the 200+ 8th grade students at his middle school, only about 15 were in that room and of the 2,000+ students attending his high school, only 73 of them are in the IB program. He has worked very hard to get to this point and his future looks absolutely amazing. I briefly teared a couple of times throughout the registration process and was proud that I held it in until we got to the car. He is an amazing young man with an incredible spirit, loving and compassionate heart, fantastically sarcastic wit and a brilliant mind. Watching his life unfold, being an everyday part of it and having the perspective to enjoy every minute of it have been greater blessings than I deserve.
Forrest, Alexis, April & the Dude
We went to dinner to celebrate with Forrest and Alexis' families --Alexis' sister Alicia, Alexis, her Uncle David, the Dude and Forrest.

No comments:
Post a Comment